Congregational Health Promoters are members of your congregation who have a desire to help people live healthier lives. These individuals may or may not have medical backgrounds.
The Ministry Responsibilities of Congregational Health Promoters (CHP) are :
- to promote healthier lifestyles in the congregation and community through education and encouragement
- to identify people who may be developing an illness which could be serious
- to be aware of people with long-term or chronic illnesses
- to refer people to their own physicians ,a physician in the community, or the physicians at the CHC , if needed
- to assist the congregation in sponsoring health events or activities which will raise the health awareness and issues of the people in their church or community.
- and MORE!
You’re Invited To An Upcoming Training:
Saturday, September 16, 2017 & Saturday, September 23, 2017
8:30am – 4:30pm
Lunch will be provided.
Participants must attend BOTH sessions.
Lincoln Memorial United Methodist
641 Masten Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209
Pre-registration is required. Contact Brittany Bolden at (716) 862-2166, no later than Monday, September 11.
Congregational Health Promoters (CHP) Information can be found HERE.
CLICK HERE for additional event information.
*This program is made available through funds from the New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program and the following Performing Provider Systems (PPS):